As we read in amazement of the death of fellow snake catcher in Rockhampton Wayne Cameron, we are again reminded of what correct first aid can do.
Wayne was bitten while he was removing a Coastal Taipan on a typical snake callout last week. His correctly applied first aid meant that when the hospital tested his blood, it came back negative for venom. His training had worked! (Would yours?)
So ,how did he die? Read this article as to what happened next.
Would you or your staff know what to do in this situation?